50 years of experience in the Abrasive Blasting and Coatings Industry, D&L Quality Painting, Inc. has entered this year with a renewed emphasis on becoming a “Total Quality Company”.
We offer industrial coatings for
- Pressure Vessels
- Structural Steel Plant
Modern, state-of-the art abrasive blasting and painting facility.
- 20'L x 60'W x 20'H steel shot blast roo
- 100'L x 20'W x 20'H steel shot blast room
- 22 ton and 18 ton forklifts
- (2) 750 and (2) 375 air compressors
D & L Quality Painting, Inc. has completed projects with the City of Houston and other Southeast Texas WasteWater Utility Districts for rehabilitation and new construction.
Our company continues in the Industrial Coatings Trade with Abrasive Blasting and Protective Coatings for pressure vessels, exchangers, tanks, and structural steel.
D & L Quality Painting, Inc. has the experience in the application of epoxies, zinc’s, urethanes, and specialty coatings (i.e.-plural component spray system including PPG Pitt-Char fireproofing).
D & L Quality Painting has a 20,000 square feet under roof abrasive blasting and painting facility located on a 7 acre yard.
D & L Quality Painting is capable of providing field operation with all necessary abrasive blasting and painting equipment.
D & L Quality Painting, Inc. maintain an average of 50 employees for all shop and field operations.
Quality Control Policy
Quality is an agreed upon degree of excellence something possesses.
A. A quality job has certain characteristics:
- Job completion without defects, errors, or mistakes
- Job completion on schedule
B. To fulfill quality work, organizations must set an aggressive quality standard and support the identification and elimination of defects and error, there by allowing individuals to do it right the
Quality control is assured in accordance with the specifications established by the Steel Structure Painting Council (SSPC) and the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE).
Specifically, D & L Quality Painting, Inc. monitors the following items: material, quality assurance, surface preparation, coatings application and film thickness, temperatures, wind direction and
Quality Control Program
The attached form is provided to the owners as a record of quality control. The Quality Control Program involves three steps to assure quality standards per Steel Structures Painting Council (SSPC)
- D&L Quality Painting, Inc.'s supervision is responsible for accomplishing quality work each day and providing necessary documentation that both workmanship and materials meet specifications.
- Our Quality Assurance Manager has the responsibility to verify that workmanship and materials are provided per specifications. In addition, the manager will verify that documentation's include: Volume 1 Good Painting Practices, Volume 2 Systems and Specifications, and ASTM D-610 Standard Method of Evaluating Degree of Rusting on Painted Steel Surfaces.
- The paint supplier will provide verification at random frequency and provide appropriate documentation
Quality Control Requirements
1. Inspections and Testing to be performed by D & L Quality Painting, Inc. All preparations and coating procedures, along with D & L's inspection and testing, shall be subject to continuous oversight by the owner's inspector.
2. D & L Quality Painting, Inc. shall maintain instruments to test and inspect all steps of surface preparation, coating applications, and the fully cured coatings at the place of work and these instruments shall be available for the owner's use. These instruments shall include:
A. Air temperature thermometer (0 degree F to 120 degree F)
B. Surface temperature (0 degree F to 250 degree F minimum)
C. Sling psychrometer (30 degree F to 110 degree F or continuous recording hydrometer)
D. Pictorial surface preparation standards (SSPC-Vis. 1)
E. Surface profile comparator (Test-Tex replica tape with micrometer minimum requirement)
F. Magnifier (5X)
H. Wet film thickness gauge (.05 to 20 mils requirement)
I. Magnetic dry film thickness gauge (Type 1 magnetic pull-off gauge minimum requirement)
3. Surface Preparation
A. Confirm the blast quality by comparing the blasted surface using a surface profile comparator (Test-Tex replica tape with micrometer minimum requirement)
B. Conduct regular equipment inspections per shift to maintain oil and water separations
C. Inspect all blasted surfaces before applications of coating.
D. Visually check for flash rusting. If rusting is detected, surfaces shall be reblasted until no rusting is apparent
4. Handling Application of Coating
A. Check each coating material shipment for acceptable condition of the containers and packages. Insure manufacture date does not extend beyond shelf life.
B. Check spray equipment daily for correct air pressure, cleanliness of agitators, hoses, and p along with correct size of tips and air caps.
C. Check continuously coating mix proportions and agitators and that specified pot life limitations are not exceeded.
D. Check dry film thickness on steel with elcometer or mikrotest thickness gauge in Accordance with (SSPC PA2)
- Shane Berryhill - Owner/President, N.A.C.E #9687
- David Berryhill - Vice President
- David Ruiz - Shop Supervisor
- Gustavo Dominguez - N.A.C.E Level II #41250
- Robert Bokemeyer - Estimator
- Pauline Zaragoza - Office Manager